Monday, October 15, 2012

Log Cabin Quilt

I stumbled upon this challenge Case Study Challenge blog and immediately wanted to enter. This week challenge is SEW. And I thought of log cabin quilts, why? I have no clue. So I printed some digital papers from Nitwit (I love her papers) and started my quilt. I had to google the dimension but they were easy to follow. All my strips where cut 1/2". I stamped Creative Elements, punched flower out with SU Flower punch, layered the bird and flower for some dimension. The layering for the flower punch was imported from My Digital Studio svgs into Make-The-Cut software. I enlarged a little and viola! I am also entering this into Simon Says Stamp Challenge Dies and Punches and also Sketch Saturday Week 229.

This was a fun card with the quilting. I think I will try another one with bright colors.

Have a Good Day, Linda

Recipe 5 1/2" Square:

Papers: Nitwit Collection
Stamps: Creative Elements, My Sentiments
Punch: SU Flower punch; MS Deep Edge
Ribbon: Stash


Challenges:

9 comments:

  1. What a pretty card. I absolutely love the papers you've used! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week, hope to see you again soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet pattern! Great colours, superb technique! Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you incorporated a quilt pattern with paper! Those colors compliment each other so well. Love your bird & bloom! Perfect for our challenge!

    Thanks for blog hopping with us @ The Perfect Sentiment Anniversary Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A-MAZING! I am a quilter so this card caught my eye right away :) Beautiful design and the bird & bloom are just perfect! Thanks for celebrating the Perfect Sentiments anniversary with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Linda :-) such a lovely image and the colours and quilted design are fabulous :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty and feminine! Thank you for sharing this with us at CASE Study! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the card. The quilt pattern in the background is beautiful, Thanks for sharing and joining us at The Perfect Sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your combination of quilt papers. You made a beautiful background for your lovely hummingbird. Thanks for sharing your art with us at The Perfect Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous background. I love the hummingbird image. I have a couple that come around my house, but they always come when I'm not here. I think I only saw them one time this season. Lovely card. Thanks for playing along with us at the Perfect Sentiment Birthday Blog Hop. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete